Harvest makes it easy for you and your team to track time from your desktop, phone, or favorite tools (like Slack). Then it puts your timesheet data to work by turning it into intuitive visual graphs that give you critical insight into your team’s time, project progress, and the health of your business.Harvest for Slack brings the benefits of Harvest right into your team’s conversation:* Start a timer or log hours in Slack. * Check a teammate’s Harvest timer, so you don’t interrupt them when they’re in the middle of a meeting or deep work. * Get a quick visual overview of progress on a particular project and share it with the rest of a Slack channel.
Harvest will be able to view:
Harvest will be able to do:
Review the details to better understand this app’s security practices. To learn more about assessing apps for your workspace visit our Help Center.
We take our role as custodian of your data extremely seriously. We have multiple backup systems in place to protect your data, governed by the policies shown here:
• All backups are replicated to at least 2 physical datacenters.
• All backup systems are tested biweekly.
• Backups occur multiple times per day.
• Database backups are retained for 180 days.
• Application logs (for assisting Harvest Support cases) are retained for 90 days.
Data archiving and removal policy
Per our data retention policy, our backups automatically expire at the 180-day mark and our application logs (for assisting Harvest Support cases) are retained for 90 days.
Data storage policy
We collect the following information:
• Information you provide to us: When you register for and use Harvest, you are providing us with information, which we collect. This information may include your name, billing and mailing address, email address, phone number, and credit card information. We use a third-party intermediary to manage credit card processing. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information for any purpose except for credit card processing on our behalf.
• Information from your use of Services: This information may include IP Address, location information, date and time, browser type, and any other action you might have taken to use and while using the Services.
• Cookies: When you use Harvest, we store "cookies," which are strings of code, on your computer. We use those cookies to collect information about when you visit our Website, when you use the Services, your browser, your operating system, and other similar information. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you block our cookies, our Services may not work properly.
• Web Beacons: Our third party partners may employ web beacons to track online user movement to help us better understand what content is effective. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are embedded in websites and in newsletter emails. With web beacons, our third party partners may collect information about you, such as your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We use the data from our third party partners to improve our services.
Data center location(s)
Data hosting details
ServerCentral leases hardware to us and assists with hardware fixes and replacements. However, they don’t install software and don’t have logical access to our machines. (Please note that in the future, our hosting option might change as we evaluate cloud hosting options.) We also back up data with both Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud, and both are located in the U.S.
Data hosting company
ServerCentral, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud
When an account is closed it is marked automatically for permanent deletion. Data associated with closed accounts are automatically deleted after 10 days from our primary systems. It takes, roughly, another 180 days before the information filters out of our backup systems.
While this app may offer HIPAA compliance, Slack does not have a business associate agreement with any third-party application providers, including those in the Slack App Directory, so you are responsible for validating the provider's compliance and executing an appropriate agreement before enabling.
Supports Single Sign On (SSO) with the following providers
Gmail and G Suite accounts
Supports Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)