Data retention policy
• Campsite does not ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
• Campsite does not share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
• Campsite does not store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of the service.
After a request has been received to delete personal information, Campsite will respond within 48 hours and the requested data will be deleted within 30 days.
Data archiving and removal policy
The deletion of customer data may result in the deletion and/or de-identification of other information associated with the customer, like post uploads and comments.
All users can request for their data to be deleted at any time.
An organization's workspace can be deleted at any time, and will result in the deletion of any associated posts, projects, and comments created within that workspace.
Data storage policy
Campsite may collect and receive Customer Data, and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
• Individuals sign up for the service and sign in with Google, or with an email and password
• Individuals are invited to join an organization's workspace by another team member via email
• Individuals add an avatar, email, display name, or username through their user account settings
When customers connect Campsite to Slack, authorization tokens are encrypted in transit, and at rest.
Campsite does not ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
Campsite does not share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
Campsite does not store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of the service.
Data center location(s)
Data hosting details
App/service has sub-processors
Guidelines for sub-processors